Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Wednesday round-up of deliciousness

Sitting down to write this week's Wednesday round-up of deliciousness, I had 77 posts to read on my Google Reader. I got a bit behind this week! But I've had a lovely evening browsing through 77 recipes. Ribs seem to be the thing this week, but, what with my fear of big chunks of meat, I thought I should just choose one recipe to aim for, and went with the lengthily named but delicious looking Finger Licking St. Peters Ruby Red Ale Sticky Pork Ribs. The other recipe that will tempt me to cook chunks of meat is this one for Guacamole and steak tacos. (I really am besotted with Mexican food at the mo - Mr Splorer and I have been living mostly off Chicken enchiladas of late.) Keeping with the Hispanic theme, pretty much anything with chorizo is bound to be a hit with me, hence the inclusion this week of Spicy Spanish prawns with chorizo and Chorizo 'tortilla'. And the Colombian entry for this week (can you tell I'm loving My Colombian Recipes?) is Cheese bread.
The other theme this week was the courgette/pasta combination. Must be the time of year! Rachel offered up a Courgette carbonara and Elly suggests bulking up your pasta with courgette (what a great idea) to make Zucchini spaghetti with sausage, sundried tomato and goats cheese.
In other savoury goodness, there's this Jamie Oliver pasta recipe which is part of his Pass it on campaign, a rather tasty looking Coniglio alla cacciatora (sorry little sis!), a Chicken, pea and bean salad with coconut salad and this bright red rich roast tomato soup. And last but not least, Melissa from The Traveler's Lunchbox has convinced me that Chicken satay is going straight to the top of my to-make list. Read that post, and I assure you that you will react similarly.
Now, I'm going to bombard you with delicious ten sweet things! Check out all this sugary happiness: Welsh cheesecakes, Little apple doughnuts with blackberry lemon icing, Gooseberry creme fraiche tart, Banana-Yogurt-Granola Muffins, Roasted strawberry scones, Orange poppy seed sugar cookies, Plum, almond and orange cake, Chocolate hazelnut birthday party cake, Blackberry and apple galette and Sticky apple butter biscuits. Phew! I'm particularly excited about the last one because I happen to have some apple butter (a present from friend) and until now I had no idea what to do with it.
And finally, if you happen to come across a copy of Jamie at Home, I urge you to make the pizza. I was lucky enough to have it made for me over the weekend. And it was delicious - the perfect accompaniment to some wine drinking and reminiscing over photos of old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs